However, Hulu is only available in the US and Japan. This means that if you’re not in either country, you may not be able to access Hulu’s content. Furthermore, if you’re specifically interested in Japanese Hulu, you will not be able to watch it unless you’re in Japan.
Can I use my Hulu US account in Japan?
Hulu is the most popular video streaming service that gives you passage to movies, series, anime, TV shows, sports channels, and countless more. … Like many other streaming apps, Unfortunately, you cannot access the service from outside of Japan.
How do I get us Hulu in Japan?
How to Watch Hulu Japan Abroad
- Sign up with a VPN provider (preferably ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device you wish to stream on.
- Launch the application.
- Connect to a Japanese server to get a Japanese IP address.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite Japanese shows and movies outside Japan.
Can I use my Hulu account outside of us?
Hulu and Hulu (No Ads) subscribers are able to stream anywhere in the U.S. — including Puerto Rico and U.S. military bases.
Why did Hulu fail in Japan?
Over time, Hulu apparently found that the Japanese unit wasn’t core to its long-term plan to offer up streaming, ad-supported video from U.S.-based content partners. And that maybe the business was more valuable to someone else — in this case, Nippon TV.
Is Hulu free in Japan?
In what marks its first expansion abroad, Hulu is now available in Japan. As expected, the video streaming service will offer both TV shows and movies across various devices for a subscription of about $20 a month (1,480 Yen).
How do I change Hulu to Japanese?
How to Change the Language on Hulu on Mobile
- Open Hulu on your mobile device of choice and begin playing a show.
- Tap on the screen to reveal playback options.
- Select the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the Audio and Subtitles options, then select the desired language.
How many subscribers does Hulu have in Japan?
Hulu Japan now has more than one million subscribers, who have collectively viewed more than 360 million hours of video since the service first launched in 2011.
How do I use VPN with Hulu?
Here’s how to watch Hulu with a VPN:
- Sign up for and download a VPN that works with Hulu. …
- Install the VPN app from your provider’s website or official app store.
- Run the VPN app and choose a server or server location that can unblock Hulu. …
- Open Hulu in a web browser or the Hulu app and start streaming!
In what countries is Hulu available?
Currently, Hulu only streams in the United States, Puerto Rico, and military bases, and in some locations in Japan. The service isn’t yet available anywhere outside these locations, but streaming Hulu from anywhere isn’t hard with the right VPN.
Is Hulu Japan owned by Disney?
(The exception to that analysis is Hulu Japan, which is not a Disney company and instead is 100% owned by Nippon Television.) Instead, the conglomerate is leaning on the Star brand that it inherited through its acquisition of 21st Century Fox subsidiary Star India.
Does Hulu Japan have English subtitles?
Hulu Japan is one of the few services that has support in English—you might have to hunt around for the English-language switch though.