As of writing, Amazon Prime Video only supports English subtitles for Amazon.com users. This is great for beginning and intermediate Japanese learners, but it would be great for more advanced learners if there was the ability to turn on Japanese subtitles (you can do so if you have an Amazon.co.jp account).
How do I get subtitles on Amazon Prime Japan?
Turn On Subtitles or Captions on Prime Video on Web, Amazon Devices, and Mobile Devices
- During playback of a title that supports Subtitles or captions, select the Closed Caption or Subtitles icon from the playback menu. …
- Select the Subtitles or captions you wish to see.
Does Amazon Prime Japan have English subtitles?
Even if you switch the Amazon Japan interface to English, the Prime Video interface will stubbornly stick to Japanese. Also, there are no options for English subtitles for Japanese, or any other non-English content.
Does Amazon Prime have foreign subtitles?
After your movie or show has started, select the icon that looks like a chat bubble in the top-right corner. This will generate a drop-down menu that shows the content’s subtitles and audio settings. Select the language in which you want the subtitles to appear. This also enables the feature.
How can I watch Amazon Prime in English in Japan?
You can choose Japanese, English, or Simplified Chinese as your preferred language on Amazon.co.jp. To select your preferred language: Go to Your Account. Under Settings, click on Change Language Settings.
How do I get foreign language subtitles on Amazon Prime?
Navigate to the Amazon Prime Video website. Pick an episode or movie to watch. While watching an episode or movie, move the cursor and click the speech bubble icon on the top right. From the menu, select your subtitles and audio language.
Why can’t Amazon Prime have subtitles?
There are a few reasons why subtitles may not be working with your Amazon Prime Video account. These include: … The TV show or movie you’re watching doesn’t support subtitles for your chosen language. You’re using a legacy app which no longer receives updates from Amazon (such as an older model of Apple TV or Fire Stick) …
How do you get English subtitles on Amazon Prime?
Start the movie or show that you want to watch with subtitles.
- Click on the speech bubble icon in the top-right corner. …
- Click on the language you wish to use and the subtitles will be turned on. …
- You can also click on “Subtitles Settings” in the pop-up window to change the size and color of the subtitle text.
How do I turn on subtitles on Amazon Prime?
From the Amazon Video app:
- Play the video you want to watch. …
- After playback has started, tap the Menu > Subtitles > On. …
- Tap outside the subtitle menu to return to video playback with subtitles on.
- To turn subtitles off, tap the Menu > Subtitles > Off.
Does Amazon Prime work in Japan?
Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes included in Prime membership benefits at no extra charge. Exclusively for customers in Japan. For more information, go to About Prime Video (Japanese only). Prime members can add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee.