How do I decode a Kawasaki VIN?
The Kawasaki VIN number consists of 17 characters. If you look at the code of your bike, you will see that the first characters are JK. The letter J stands for Japan, the country where the engine and the frame were made. The next letter identifies the name of the company, here we have Kawasaki and letter K.
Where is the VIN number on a Kawasaki dirt bike?
Kawasaki motorcycle VINs are stamped on the sides of the steering heads, in front of the fuel tanks. If your dirt bike is street legal, your VIN will also be on a safety certification label near, or on, the side of the steering head.
What model Kawasaki do I have?
The model number on a Kawasaki engine is located on a white label with black text, affixed to the side of the engine. The model number (i.e., FX730V), will make up the first part of the ”CODE” field, preceding the engine spec code (i.e., CS16-R).
What Kawasaki engine do I have?
The model number and serial number on your Kawasaki Engine is located at the rear of the engine on the engine housing. The model number and serial number label in the image is located on your. Kawasaki Engine. The CODE number above the barcode is made of the model and the spec number.
How do I tell what year my Kawasaki dirt bike is?
How to Tell the Year a Kawasaki KX Was Made
- Locate the VIN, which can be found on the steering head, below the handlebars. Write down the VIN on a piece of paper.
- Find the 10th character, which designates the model year.
How do I tell what year my kx250 is?
How to Find Out What Year a KX 250 Is
- Find the VIN on your KX 250. The VIN (vehicle identification number) is stamped on a plate on the steering tube leading up to the handlebars.
- Count out the 10th digit and write it down. The 10th digit signifies the year model of the KX 250.
Where can I check my dirt bike VIN number for free?
Typically, motorcycle vin will be located near the steering head of the motorcycle on a metal plate, either printed or engraved. Once you obtain those 17 digits, you can check the information on your vin for free at VinFreeCheck.
How do I check a VIN number on a motorcycle?
On motorcycles, VINs are usually stamped on the steering neck. If you have no luck there, you can find it etched on the motor. Just move the handlebars so you have a clear view of the right side of the frame, where the steering attaches. The VIN will appear at the bottom of the cylinder.
How do I know what motor is in my dirt bike?
The dirt bike engine number is an 11 digit identifier usually located on the right side of the engine case near the kickstarter (or where the kickstarter used to be if the bike has e-start).
How do you read engine serial numbers?
Engine Serial Number composition
- the list number or build list, typically 2 to 4 letters followed by 4 or 5 numbers.
- a letter identifying the country.
- a series of numbers showing the build line, also called a serial number.
- a letter indicating the year of manufacture.
Where is the serial number on a Kawasaki ATV?
Where is the VIN located on my Kawasaki motorcycle, ATV, or MULE®? Certification Label affixed to, or near, the side of the steering head. On ATV’s it is stamped on the lower frame tube, to the left of the engine.