Google Maps automatically shows place names in a country’s local languages, but on your computer, you can change your map language. On your computer, open Google Maps. Choose Language. … Map labels will be shown in your country’s local language, but you’ll find place information in the language you selected.
How do I change Google Maps from Japanese to English?
Steps to Change the Navigation Language in Google Maps on Android
- Launch the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Navigation settings.
- Tap Sound and Voice and then Voice selection.
- Select English as your navigation voice and language.
Why is my Google Maps suddenly in a different Language?
Unfortunately, Google Maps doesn’t have Language controls built into the app. It cues off of the settings in Settings. app > General > International. The only way to have Google Maps speak a different language is to change the actual settings in Settings.
How do you change Language on Google Maps?
How to Change the Language on the Google Maps App for Android
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner of the search bar.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Navigation settings.
- Tap Voice selection.
- Tap a language to select it and apply it to the Google Maps app.
How do I change Google Maps Language on iPhone?
If you have an iPhone, here’s how to change the language in your Google Maps app:
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Tap “General.”
- Select “Language and Region.” You can change your iPhone language settings in Language & Region. Will Fischer/Business Insider.
- Select the language you want Google Maps to use.
Where are Google Maps settings?
Access the Google Maps Settings from your picture ID icon at the top right of the Explore tab and tap Settings. Under Settings, find and tap Navigation or Navigation Settings (Android).
To enable it, users need to head into the Waze app, access the Settings, and finally locate the “Voice and Sound” section. Under the section “Waze Voice” should be present and then users can choose the Cookie Monster voice. It should be back on both Android and iOS.
Why does my Google Maps have an Indian accent?
You can do this by going to the settings menu in Google Maps and selecting navigation settings. Under voice selection, you can choose which navigation voice you want from the list of options. This could be a temporary fix till Google rolls out an update.
How can I change the language of Google Chrome?
How to change language in Google Chrome for Android
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Click the magnifying glass icon at the top to search. …
- Select Languages from the list of results.
- Tap Languages.
- Now tap Add a language and then select your preferred language.
Can Google Maps speak directions?
You can get Google Maps to talk to you by enabling talk navigation to receive spoken directions and cues that will help you find your destination. You might need to enable or adjust the voice feature’s volume to ensure that you can hear its directions.
How do I change the language on my phone back to English?
Change the language on your Android device
- On your Android device, tap Settings .
- Tap System Languages & input. Languages. If you can’t find “System,” then under “Personal,” tap Languages & input Languages.
- Tap Add a language. and choose the language that you want to use.
- Drag your language to the top of the list.